Sequence Scanner Software v1.0 allows users to view, print and export sequencing sample files generated using Applied Biosystems genetic analyzer instruments. This software will also enable users to edit bases, manually trim a sequence read and generate reports. Base calling and auto-trimming features are not supported in Sequence Scanner Software.
This software reads .ab1 files generated from ABI PRISM 310, 377, 3700 DNA Analyzer and Applied Biosystems 3100-Avant, 3100, 3130/3130xl and 3730/3730xl systems.
Features in Sequence Scanner Software v1.0
– Traces can be imported via drag and drop, double clicking on file and the “Import Traces” dialog.
– Traces listed in a tabular format with several display categories.
– Traces can be viewed as thumbnails.
o Thumbnails display raw data and can be scaled uniformly or individually.
– Traces can be sorted by a variety of categories within both the tabular or thumbnail formats.
– Traces can be viewed individually or as a group.
o Multiple traces can be displayed by tiling individual trace viewers in 2×2, 3×1, 2×1 and 1×2 modes.
– Analyzed and raw data can be displayed simultaneously with the ability to nudge the raw data in either direction to align with the analyzed data.
– Dynamic zooming by dragging the mouse over a range of interest.
– Traces can be exported in .txt, .seq, .scf, jpeg, pdf, .qual, .fsta and .phd.1 file formats.
– Traces can be exported with only the post-trim sequence information to .seq, .fsta and .qual files.
– Print preview capability for traces
– Printing of the analyzed, annotation and sequence views within traces
– Configurable trace printout settings
– Edit, delete, insert bases with undo and redo support
– Add or remove bases to be included in the post-trim sequence
– Sequence Scanner provides seven reports for the imported trace files: Quality Control, Plate, Trace Score, CRL (Continuous Read Length), CRL Distribution, QV20+, and Signal Strength.
– Data points within the reports are hyperlinked back to the trace files to open them in the trace viewer
– Report settings are configurable
– Print previews are available for all reports
– Reports can also be exported in .pdf, .html, .txt and .xls formats.
– Configurable thresholds for low, medium and high Trace Scores and Continuous Read Length metrics
– Configurable color for Quality Values, Trace Scores and Continuous Read Lengths
– Import traces dialog will always map to the last-used folder location between sessions
Please be advised that the software download may require a longer time, depending on your network and system configurations.